Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read John 1:1-5 and discuss the following.
1. Study through John 1:1-5 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. What does John want us to believe about Jesus from this passage? Why does he call Him “The Word”?
3. Describe the connection between Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1.
4. Why did Jesus come to the earth?
5. What would the world look like if Jesus had not brought the light of the gospel? What would your life look like if Jesus had not lit up your darkness? What darkness would you still live in?
6. Are there moments in your life when you feel overwhelmed by anxiety, fear, or isolation? How can the picture of Jesus as a light shining in the darkness comfort you in those times?
Jesus was so determined to bring light into our darkness that He created the tree upon which He would die for our sins.
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- CG DISCUSSION the light-bringer – john 1 1-5
MORE CONTENT FROM ADVENT 2017