Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read John 1:6-13 and discuss the following.
1. Study through John 1:6-13 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. We are told that John bore witness “that all might believe through him.” But first we are told that he was “sent from God,” and that before he could bear witness (to give), he first came as a witness (one who had received). Why is this important?
3. What does it mean to receive Jesus?
4. When was the first time you were called to make a decision about Jesus? What was your response?
5. How is your life radically altered through becoming a child of God?
6. Read John 1:13. What are some wrong reasons people think that God saves them.
7. How can the knowledge that God chose his saints before the foundation of the world embolden us to evangelize?
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES The Light-Bringer – John 1.6.13
- CG DISCUSSION The Life-Bringer – John 1 6-13
MORE CONTENT FROM ADVENT 2017