Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Mark 13:14-37 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Mark 13:14-37 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. How does verse 27 show us Jesus’ commitment to His people (the very foundation of the gospel)?
3. How does Romans 8:28-35 help us understand Jesus’ commitment to His people?
No matter what your position on verses 5-31, we all need to bow to Jesus’ clear teaching in verses 32-37. In it we learn three major things:
1. No one knows when Jesus is going to return
2. We have work to do
3. We are to stay awake
4. If no one knows when He is coming back except God the Father (verses 32-33), why do you think there are so many teachers and followers who claim to be able to tell when Jesus will actually return?
5. What is this “work” we are supposed to do (verses 34-36)? How can John 21:21-22 help us understand part of the “work” Jesus gives us to do? What about Acts 1:6-8?
6. What would it look like if we weren’t obeying Jesus’ command to “stay awake” (verse 37)? How can 2 Thessalonians 3:6-15 help us better understand Jesus’ command in Mark 13:37?
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES stay awake
- CG DISCUSSION stay awake