Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Ephesians 1:11-14 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Ephesians 1:11-14 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. Point out each part of Paul’s writing here that reveals one of the Solas.
3. What does Paul say is the ultimate reason God saves sinners like He does?
4. Why is it important to live in step with all glory being ascribed to God? Read Acts 12:21-23 and Romans 3:23 then re-answer the previous question.
5. How can we live lives in step with Soli Deo Gloria according to Ephesians 2:8-9? Matthew 5:14-16 Ephesians 1:14? Do you consciously think about glorifying God in these ways and take them seriously?
The gospel is not about you; it’s ultimately about revealing the supreme worth of Jesus. However the gospel is for you. In it, God promises you an inheritance (Jesus and all that belongs to Him) and even gives you a downpayment until you acquire possession of it—namely, the Holy Spirit. Soli Deo Gloria.
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES Soli Deo Gloria – Ephesians 1.11-14
- CG DISCUSSION Soli Deo Gloria – Ephesians 1.11-14