Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Ephesians 1:3-10 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Ephesians 1:3-10 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. Distinguish the difference in these statements: 1) We are saved by grace. 2) We are saved by grace alone. How have you fallen prey to trying to earn God’s favor or blessings?
3. Christian, how does knowing that you were chosen before the foundation of the world and predestined for adoption give you security and assurance?
4. How can you better be reminded of these glorious gospel truths so as to live in light of them each day, each week, each year?
5. According to verse 7, how does Paul say we are actually given this free grace?
On the cross, Jesus was made sin for us—He was treated as unholy and blamed so that we could be holy and blameless before Him.
On the cross, Jesus was willingly slaughtered like a sinner like we deserve so that we could be embraced as a son like He deserves.
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES sola gratia – ephesians 1 3-10
- CG DISCUSSION sola gratia – Ephesians 1 3-10