Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Romans 1:16-17 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Romans 1:16-17 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. How can anyone be righteous before God? How does Paul answer this question in Romans 1:16-17? How did The Roman Catholic church answer that question specifically in the 16th century?
3. How should Romans 3:20 help shape our view of how someone can be righteous before God?
4. Read Romans 4:3-5, 22-25. What is the difference between being righteous and being counted righteous?
5. How do good works fit into our salvation? See Ephesians 2:8-10 and James 2:14-26.
6. How does being justified through faith in Jesus seem to affect Paul in Philippians 2:8-9? What would your life look like if you were reminded multiple times a day that God looks at you with a smile and says, “Justified”?
If your faith is in Jesus, you can face each day with an unwavering confidence that God is for you. Through faith in Jesus God has already declared you “justified.” Jesus has already lived perfectly to count you righteous, already died in your place to take away your unrighteousness, already got out of the grave sealing the deal and promising our hearts it’s all true.
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES sola fide – romans 1 16-17
- CG DISCUSSION sola fide – romans 1 16-17