7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.
1. Read Ephesians 1:7-10 and discuss what stands out to you.
2. Read each Bible passage that correlates with the following and discuss 1) what it means, and 2) why the world needs it. (1) Jesus redeems us from the Pleasure of sin (Rom. 7:18-23). (2) Jesus redeems us from the Penalty for sin (Eph. 1:7). (3) Jesus redeems us from the Power of sin (Rom. 6:12-14). (4) Jesus redeems us from the Presence of sin (Rev. 21:1-5).
3. According to Paul in verse 10, what is God’s ultimate will and plan? What does this tell us about how we should live now?
4. How can we pray for one another right now—in which areas of your life do you need redemption from sin? *Thank God for freeing Christians from the pleasure and penalty of sin. In addition, ask Him to free us from the power of it as we look forward to the day when He will free us from sin’s very presence.
- Sermon audio mp3 (listen)
- Sermon audio mp3 (download)
- Subscribe or stream sermons from iTunes
- SERMON NOTES Jesus, the redeemer
- CG DISCUSSION Jesus, the redeemer