Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Mark 14:12-52 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Mark 14:12-52 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. What might the disciples have thought when Jesus said one of them will betray Him? Do you think you would have suspected your own heart if you had been there?
3. How does this passage show that God is sovereign over all and man is free, at the same time? (look at verse 21)
4. Which of the ways that the disciples abandoned or betrayed Jesus most stands out to you and why?
5. What should we learn from the disciples saying along with Peter, “If I must die with you, I will not deny you” and yet hours later abandoning or denying Jesus?
6. Has the Lord’s Supper sometimes because so familiar for you that it is no longer amazing?
7. What did Jesus mean when He said, “Take; this is my body”? What about “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many”?
8. What did Jesus mean when he said, “Truly, I say to you, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God”?
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES Jesus’ commitment to us
- CG DISCUSSION Jesus’ commitment to us