Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Mark 14:1-11 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Mark 14:1-11 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. How is what Judas does in verses 10-11 more monstrous than what the chief priests and scribes wanted to do in verses 1-2?
3. Have you ever been betrayed in a serious way? How should the fact that Jesus knows what it’s like to be betrayed comfort you and strengthen you?
4. What can learn from Judas being “one of the twelve” and yet he “sought an opportunity to betray [Jesus]”?
5. What does Mark say about the substance the unnamed woman anoints Jesus with? How would a woman in first century Palestine most likely have had something of this kind of value? What does that tell us about how she used it?
6. Why does Jesus say what He does in verse 7?
7. What are some of the big differences between the unnamed woman and Judas Iscariot? Who do you tend to identify with more in your day-to-day life?
8. How can we find Jesus ultimately beautiful, like the woman, and not just useful, like Judas?
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES is Jesus beautiful to you?
- CG DISCUSSION is Jesus beautiful to you?