Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Luke 12:22-34 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Luke 12:22-34 together. What stands out to you and why?
Jesus gives us four things we need to know in order to stop anxiety: 1) Possessions can’t give you life (vv. 22-23). 2) You are more valuable than birds and flowers (vv. 24, 27-28). 3) You are not God (vv. 25-26). 4) In Christ, you have a loving Father who know what you need and is happy to take care of you for eternity (29-30, 32).
2. Discuss each of these four things we need to know and clarify to one another what they mean. Which of these four things are most difficult for you to live in light of and why?
“Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:6-7
3. How does the Apostle Peter here connect humility with not being anxious (equally connecting pride with anxiety and worry)?
4. Every time Jesus prays he calls God “Father” except once. on the cross He cried, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34). In light of this, answer this question: How are we, though sinners, able to have God as our Father?
5. What are the two things Jesus tells us we need to actively do in this passage? (v. 31 & vv. 34-34)
“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?” – The Apostle Paul in Romans 8:31-32
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES how to stop anxiety – Luke 12:22-34
- CG DISCUSSION how to stop anxiety – Luke 12-22-34