Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Mark 13:1-13 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Mark 13:1-13 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. What did Jesus say was going to happen to the Temple? What questions did His disciples ask when they got to the Mount of Olives?
3. How does Mark 13:30 help us understand what Jesus is talking about in Mark 13:1-13?
Regardless of whether we think Jesus is talking about the period between AD 33-70 or about the end times, we all need to listen to and apply the commands He makes in verses 5-13: 1) See that no one leads you astray, 2) Be on guard, 3) Don’t be anxious, and 4) Endure to the end.
4. Which of these most stand out to you and why?
5. Go through each of these commands of Jesus: what do they mean and how can we obey each one?
6. How do Philippians 1:6, John 10:17-18, and 1 Peter 1:3-5 help us understand how we are going to obey Jesus in Mark 13:13?
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES He will hold me fast
- CG DISCUSSION he will hold me fast