Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Exodus 2:1–4:31 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Exodus 2:1-4:31 together. What stands out to you and why?
3. How do you view God: a) More like One who tells you how to be saved, or b) One who takes initiative and sends a Savior?
4. What were the three things God said would convince Moses and the Israelites that Moses truly was sent by God as the savior of Israel? see Exodus 3:12, 4:1-9, 4:10-12
5. How is Jesus like Moses but even better? *especially concerning those three distinguishing marks from question 4
6. Why is God going to kill Moses in Exodus 4:24-25? What does this teach us about God’s divine justice? What does that teach us about the only way we’re going to be saved from our sin?
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES God sends
- CG DISCUSSION God sends – Exodus 2-4