Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Exodus chapters 33:12–34:9, 40:34-38 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Exodus chapters 33-34, 40 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. What is glory? What glorious things have you seen that have blown you away? More specifically, what is the Glory of the LORD that Moses asks to see?
3. When the LORD says He’s going to remove His presence from Israel and send an angel to lead them instead, how does Moses respond (Exodus 33:12-17)? Why is Moses so persistent in asking the LORD to be with them in His glory? *see Isaiah 43:6-7 and John 17:24 to shed light on Moses’ persistence
4. What does the LORD say to Moses concerning seeing His face (Exodus 33:21-23)? Why can’t Moses see the total manifestation of the LORD’s glory; why would he die if he saw the LORD’s face?
5. Read 1 John 3:2. The LORD tells Moses seeing His face would destroy him but John tells Christians seeing Jesus’ face will glorify them. How is this possible?
Isaac Watts, about seeing Jesus face to face one day:
“There we will see His face and never ever sin; there from the rivers of His grace drink endless pleasures in.”
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES God reveals – Exodus 33-40
- CG DISCUSSION God provides – Exodus 33-40