Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Exodus chapter 12 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Exodus chapter 12 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. Why did the lambs have to die according to Exodus 12:12-13? Why do you think God didn’t just say “forgiven” and pass over them without the lambs being slain?
3. Why did Jesus have to die according to Romans 3:21-26?
4. How did God’s people make for certain their houses will be passed over?
5. How do we today make for certain we will be saved from the wrath of God we deserve? *where in the Bible is your answer made clear?
6. Why did God command the Passover to celebrated in such a specific way according to Exodus 12:14?
7. Why do we now celebrate the Lord’s Supper according to 1 Corinthians 11:23-26?
8. How is Jesus the true and better Passover Lamb? see 1 Corinthians 5:7b
Revelation 5:11-12 (ESV)
11 Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice,
“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might
and honor and glory and blessing!”
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES God redeems – Exodus 12
- CG DISCUSSION God redeems – Exodus 12