Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Exodus chapter 17:8–18:27 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Exodus chapter 17-18 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. What do we learn about the LORD in Exodus 17:8-16? According to Romans 5:10, what does Paul tell us we are if we are not reconciled to God through Jesus?
3. What do we learn about the LORD in Exodus 18:7-12? How did Jethro respond to the good news of the LORD’s redemption? How did Israel respond to Jethro putting his faith in the LORD?
4. What can we learn from Moses needing help in Exodus 17:12 and 18:17-18?
“but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.”
– The Apostle Paul, in Romans 5:8-11
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES God reconciles – Exodus 17-18
- CG DISCUSSION God reconciles – Exodus 17-18