Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Exodus chapter 15:22–17:16 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Exodus chapter 15-17 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. Why did the LORD lead Egypt through the desert according to Exodus 15:25 and Exodus 16:4? What is the difference between testing and tempting? What can we learn from this as we follow Jesus in obedience and faith?
3. How did Israel do with these tests? What did they deserve for their lack of trust in the LORD as well as outright disobedience? *see Exodus 15:26. How are you sometimes like Israel here? This is a great chance to be open and honest about your sin and need for Jesus’ grace.
4. How did the LORD respond to Israel’s lack of faith, disobedience, and constant grumbling?
5. How did the LORD not give Israel the justice they deserved but instead gave them bread and water? see Exodus 17:4-6.
6. Everyone turn to John 6:35, 49-51 and discuss what Jesus is getting at. What does this mean for us?
7. Everyone turn to Matthew 6:25-26, 32-33 and discuss how Exodus 15-17 helps us understand how to not be anxious, like Jesus commands in Matthew 6.
“But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Jesus, in Matthew 6:33
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES God provides – Exodus 15-17
- CG DISCUSSION God provides – Exodus 15-17