Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Exodus chapter 13:1–14:9 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Exodus chapter 13-14 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. How does the LORD lead His people? Would it be easy to tell where He’s leading? How is the same true for us today when it comes to following Jesus?
3. What would have happened to the Israelites if they didn’t follow the LORD but decided to go the short route to Canaan? If what ways does it feel like Jesus is taking you the long way ’round and how should this example in Exodus 13-14 help you trust Him?
4. Where does the LORD eventually lead Israel as Pharaoh and his armies bear down on them? Why does He do this? Did he do that kind of thing with anyone else in history? What can we learn from this?
5. Do you remember the two things pastor Brett said we need to constantly remind ourselves of if we’re going to follow Jesus as we should?
The Shepherd who is leading you is also the Lamb who was lead to the slaughter for you. You can trust Him, Christian, whatever He commands.
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES God leads – Exodus 13-14
- CG DISCUSSION God leads – Exodus 13-14