Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Exodus chapter 14:10–15:21 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Exodus chapter 14-15 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. When was the last time you found yourself in a tough spot or simply overwhelmed? How did you react? How did Israel react in Exodus 14:10-12? Can you at all relate?
3. What did the Israelites need to be reminded of to help cure their mass freak out? What do we need when we’re in the same type of situations in our lives? See Romans 8:32.
4. How does God respond to the fact that Israel doesn’t trust Him, assumes the worst, and lies about their past? See Exodus 14:13-14.
5. Moses tells Israel “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent” (Exodus 14:13-14). How is this like how we are commanded to respond to the gospel? See Romans 4:5.
6. How do the people of God respond once they’ve marched across the Red Sea and the Lord destroyed their enemies? What does this tell us about the Christian life?
7. Why does the Lord lead His people between a rock and a hard place (Exodus 14:17-18)? How should this comfort us as we follow Jesus today?
“The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.” – Paul, in Romans 16:20
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES God fights – Exodus 14-15
- CG DISCUSSION God fights – Exodus 14-15